Saturday, March 2, 2013

Vintage Roses

Hello ladies, how's your day going? We had some snow flurries here this morning, thank God it didn't stick though!

Today I have some vintage rose nail art to show you. I know you've probably seen it a hundred times already, but its something I really wanted to try plus it went perfectly with this months Sassy Saturday over at Shelly's





The first thing I did was paint my pointer, middle and pinkie finger two coats of Pure Ice Love. On my ring finger I put two coats of Sally Hansen Mint Sorbet. I covered all that with a coat of SV. I was in a hurry and forgot to take a picture of that step, sorry :)

When that was completely dry I put down some striping tape on my pointer, middle and pinky then painted over it with Essie Bikini So Teeny. I immediately pulled up the tape to ensure crisp lines.

While that was drying I used Pure Ice Love again to makes some dots on my ringer finger. Once those were dry I used NYC Time Square Tangerine Creme to make three lines in each dot. I then used Essie Mojito Madness to make the leaves. Lastly, once all the nails were dry I covered everything with another coat of SV.


Overall, I'm really satisfied with my first attempt. My roses don't really look likes roses, but that's ok. I am loving the other nails though. I'm so glad I bought the striping tape, it makes things so much easier.

So, what do you think? Is this something you've done, want to do, or are you over it? Let me know. Also, if you have done it feel free to post a photo on my FB wall, I'd love to see. As always, thanks for stopping by, and I hope you enjoyed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a question or just something that you wanna say? Leave me a comment...I love hearing from you guys!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...