Monday, March 11, 2013

St. Patty's Day Look #1

Hello ladies, I hope that your day is as beautiful as mine! The sun is out here and I feel Spring coming on!

I'm a little late getting started with St. Patty nails so I'm not sure how many I'll get done, but I have about two more planned. I knew that I wanted to get this one done so I did it first. So, without further ado:




I got the urge to do a green gradient at midnight the other night and since I don't wear make-up I don't have any cosmetic sponges, meaning I had to wait until I could get to a store the next day. I hate when inspiration hits late at night and I don't have the right tools.

To create the look I started with a base of Pure Ice Superstar (the white version, I keep forgetting there is another with the same name). I should have used a base of my lightest color but I was having a brain fart.

Once that was completely dry I painted one strip of Sally Hansen Mint Sorbet, Pure Ice Wild Thing and Essie Mojito Madness on a sponge and then dabbed it on the nail. I waited for that layer to dry and then did it again. I stopped there but if you want darker colors you could do a third layer. I topped it all with a coat of SV.

I hope my directions aren't too scatered, if they are you can find better ones here. I find having pictures helps me. Maybe one day I'll be set up to do tutorials.

I am loving this. This is my second successful gradient and my fave by far. Let me know what you think below. I love reading your comments, but I never get any :( Are you guys not reading the whole post or do you just not have anything to say?
As always, thanks for stopping by, and I hope you enjoyed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a question or just something that you wanna say? Leave me a comment...I love hearing from you guys!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...