Sunday, March 17, 2013

St. Patrick's Day Look #3

Happy St. Patrick's Day! Did we all remember to wear our green? LOL

I just want to start by saying that one of the polishes in this post (Pure Ice Emerald Crush) was provided to me by the company for an honest review. All opinions are my own, you can view my disclosure policy here.

For my third look I wanted to do something very simple. I love the look of a jelly sandwich but have never been able to successfully complete one :( I decided to give it one more try and I'm happy with how this one turned out.






For this look I started with two coats of LA Colors Mint, a bright neon green jelly. It is super bright in the bottle and looks almost lime on the nail. Please excuse the application, I knew I was covering it up so I was a little sloppy.

Next, I added one coat of Pure Ice Emerald Crush, a glitter topper with small green and gold as well as green hex glitters in a clear base. This thing is jam packed with glitters and could be opaque in 2-3 coats.

I had no application issues with this one. It is thick but not in a bad way, there is no dragging or pulling of the glitters. I didn't have to dig for anything and you get an even distribution with each coat.
Once that was dry I added another coat of Mint to complete my jelly sandwich. All of that was covered with a coat of seche vite.


Overall I'm very pleased with the finial look. It's a more subtle effect than most of the others that I've seen. Maybe that's why I like it so much. It sort of reminds me of swamp water for some reason.

Don't forget to leave me a comment below to let me know what you think. As always, thanks for stopping by, and I hope you enjoyed :)



Pure Ice can be purchased at Wal-Mart for $2-3.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a question or just something that you wanna say? Leave me a comment...I love hearing from you guys!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...