Thursday, March 14, 2013

St. Patrick's Day Look #2

Good afternoon ladies, I hope you are having a wonderful day. The sun is shinning bright here which makes me happy, cloudy days depress me :(

Today I have my second look for St. Patty's day to share with you. It features one of my favorite techniques: water marbling.




I started this mani by doing my middle and ring fingers, I figured there was less of a chance to mess something up by painting the others later. For this I started with a base coat and 1 coat of Sally Hansen Limestone. For my marble I used the SH and Pure Ice Not Now. If you're not familiar with water marbling check out the tutorial here

Once that was dry I moved on to my pointer and pinkie fingers. After a base coat I applied 3 coats of Pure Ice Bite Me. You have to careful with this polish, if you go over the same spot too many times it will pick up some of the other polish. You can see this on my pinkie finger, although IRL its not as noticible. I finished everything up with a coat of seche vite.


For me, this just doesn't pop the way I had hoped it would. I wish now that I had done the whole thing as a water marble. I remember I used to dread even attempting to marble and now I love it. It really does get easier with practice, even if at times it doesn't seem like it.

Now that you know how I feel I wanna know how you feel about it. Leave me a comment below and let me know. Also, I could use suggestions for a new base coat, mine was being a pain and gave me some bubbles :( As always, thanks for stopping by, and I hope you enjoyed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a question or just something that you wanna say? Leave me a comment...I love hearing from you guys!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...