Sunday, January 13, 2013

Black and Gold: a tape mani

Good afternoon ladies, how's your weekend been going?

I've been telling ya'll that you would be seeing tape manis and I have the first one for you today. I wanted to start with something simple but would still catch your eye.

One of my favorite combos is black and gold. Which is weird because on its own I don't really care for gold, one of the reasons I don't have ANY gold polish. I was very pleased to find a set of tape with gold in it. And even happier when it arrived and it was holographic gold! Perfect for a simple black and gold mani.




I started with a base of LA Colors Circuits. It covers perfectly in two coats. This is a good polish for nail art bases and showing off glitter.

Next I cut stripes of the tape and laid them across my nail at the top and bottom, then trimmed the excess at the sides. I meant to take a picture of this but it totally slipped my mind.
This picture was in the shade so you get the effect of what it looked like IRL.

Working with the tape was a little tricky at first, but I quickly got the hang of it. A word of warning: don't lose your end point on the roll. I did and I spent about 10 minutes trying to find it again. I must have gone over that roll 15 times lol!


Unfortunetly, as much as I loved this, it didn't last long. After washing three loads of dishes, cleaning, and a shower it was peeling off. By the time I awoke the next morning all my tape was gone. Anyone have any advice for getting it to stay on. I did cover it with a coat of seche vite, should I not have done that?

I hope you guys liked this because my next post also features a tape mani. Not as happy with that one, but more on that later. As always, thanks for stopping by, and I hope you enjoyed :]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a question or just something that you wanna say? Leave me a comment...I love hearing from you guys!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...