Sunday, April 6, 2014

China Glaze Grass is Lime Greener

*The product in this post was purchased by me. As always, all opinions are my own. For more info you can view my disclosure policy here.*

Today I bring you the prettiest and brightest lime green I've ever seen. This and At Vase Value was the whole reason I went to Sally's, and wouldn't you know it AVV was sold out! The beauty of this however makes up for that, plus I can always snag it on Amazon.

 This is part of the spring City Flourish collection, and if you've heard anything about it then you know that the formulas on these are not the best. I was a little worried about this, but it wasn't as bad as I'd heard they could be. Yes, it was streaky and draggy and dried way too fast but with a little patience and a good topcoat it is manageable. And I say well worth the effort!
 I found it best to use two thin coats followed by a medium third coat using as few brush strokes as possible. Top it off with HK Girl or Seche Vite and you're good to go. And can we just talk about how bright it is? I expected it be a little duller than it is in the bottle but I was uber pleased to find out different. Mamas got a new favorite green.

I even tried a little nail art, inspire by nailstorming on instagram. I added a coat of CG Fairy Dust and then used paint for my daisies. Please excuse the weird lighting, its the only way I could get the flowers to show up good. Nail perfect, but not a fail either!


What do you ladies think? Do you think there are some polishes that are just worth the hassle of their applications? As always, thanks for stopping by, and I hope you enjoyed :)





6 comments:

  1. Super cute polish - love the daisies, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That neon is so fun and bright! The daisies go well with it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Lisa, I wanted something springy since it's finally warming up here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lou is Perfectly PolishedApril 6, 2014 at 4:42 PM

    Wow this is bright and beautiful! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's even better in the sun! Now I can't wait to see this years neon collection.

    ReplyDelete

Got a question or just something that you wanna say? Leave me a comment...I love hearing from you guys!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...