Thursday, April 4, 2013

Daring Digits Amethyst and Meatwad

Hello ladies, I hope you are all doing well.

The products in this post were purchased by me and received as a gift with purchase. For more info you view my disclosure policy here.

For today's post I bring you swatches and a review of my first two Daring Digits polishes. If you follow me on Facebook, you'll know that I ordered a mini of Amethyst but Ashley was kind enough to upgrade my order due to a shipping delay!





First up we have Amethyst,a "sheer purple base with holographic and shift pigment". I chose to layer it over Zoya Mira although now I wish I had used it on it's own.



All photos show 1 coat of Amethyst over two coats of the Zoya, without topcoat. I had no issues with the formula or application. Dry time was also surprisingly quick. This one did have a bit of a weird smell, sort of like when you get acrylics in the salon, but she has mentioned before that she got a bad batch of base.
Currently it is listed as sold out, but as it's not in the retireing section I think it may come back.

Next up we have Meatwad, a "glitter polish in a clear base that has red, brown and black hexes in various sizes". Correct me if I'm wrong, but I also see some small white hexes in there as well. It was a tribute to Aqua Teen Hunger Force, one of her favorite shows. I chose to layer this one over Color Mates Little Blue Box.



All photos of this one shows one dabbed coat of Meatwad over LBB. The formula on this one was thick but not in a bad way. You get a great glitter mix with each brush dip, so no need for fishing. Dry time was really quick and I didn't add topcoat because it didn't need it!
I think this one is discontinued since I can't find it in the shop anywhere.

I am super pleased with my first experience with Daring Digits. The polishes are wonderful and customer service is too! As I mentioned earlier, there was a delay in shipping so Ashley upgraded my order of Amethyst to a full size and threw in Meatwad. She was also very quick to respond to all my emails. I highly recommend her polishes.
You can find her store here, but be sure to follow her on Facebook to stay up to date with sales, restocks and etc.

I love Amethyst as much as I had hoped and was so happy to receive Meatwad. I love the look of it over LBB, I only wish it wasn't retired. I would love a full size as well as Master Shake. As always, thanks for stopping by, and I hope you enjoyed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a question or just something that you wanna say? Leave me a comment...I love hearing from you guys!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...