Sunday, February 24, 2013

First Time Color Blocking

Hello ladies, I hope your Sunday is as beautiful as mine :)

Color blocking is something I've always wanted to try since it was a theme for one of Shelly's Sassy Saturdays (which is coming up soon). But until recently I didn't have stripping tape, and didn't feel comfortable doing it without any. Now that I have plenty of tape I present to you my first one.




Since I've felt down in the dumpels lately and purple sorta cheers me up I went with all purple. I used SH Lacey Lilac, Zoya Malia, Mira and Suri. The Zoya's brush is great for getting into those little sections once its taped off.

The base is the Sally Hansen and I alternated the positions of the Zoyas. I think next time I'll also alternate the tape positions. I have no clue what is up with my topcoat on some fingers, looks all bumpy. Its a brand new bottle so I don't think its that. I didn't notice it until now. And ofcourse my cuticles are still a sad mess :( No amount of moisturizing seems to help.


Overall I'm really pleased with my first attempt. I will definetly be trying this again with more colors. Have you guys tried out this technique? If you have I'd love to see, drop by my Facebook and post a picture. As always, thanks for stopping by, and I hope you enjoyed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a question or just something that you wanna say? Leave me a comment...I love hearing from you guys!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...