Thursday, November 21, 2013

This Is Why I Don't Do Free Hand...

Hello ladies, I hope you are all having a wonderful day! :)

*The products in this post were purchased by me. As always, all opinions are my own. For more info you can view my disclosure policy here.*

I'm sure by now you've all seen those gorgeous waterfall manis that the Nailasaurus does, as well as quite a few recreations. I have been meaning to try it for quite some time but for some reason just kept putting it off. Now I know why....I'm not sure what this is but it's not waterfall.



I started with a base of CG Foie Gras as I wanted something that was sort of fall-y. Then, using a yellow stripper, PI Red Hot Mama, Spitfire and Zoya Arizona with a striping brush to create my "falls". One problem was I'm heavy handed and that made them too wide, another was my wonkey brush. I need to get a new set of brushes.

I'm not sure what this turned out as but it's definitely not what I had in mind. Another fail for the history books. I will try it again though, just with a lighter hand lol. What do you ladies thank? Let me know. As for me I'm off to watch more Doctor Who, I started watching a few episodes Monday and know I have started from the beginning. As always, thanks for stopping by, and I hope you enjoyed :)



3 comments:

  1. It's not that bad! My first time a waterfall mani was about like this - and I'm certainly not a pro at it now. I love the color combination you chose. :)

    I would suggest using striper polishes to get the hang of it without investing in a whole new set of brushes...I'm also just cheap like that ($1 for LA Colors Art Deco stripers at Dollar General!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, I thought about just buying a set of the striping polishes on like ebay or amazon. I think they are like 24-25 for around $20 because all the dollar stores around here either only have one or two colors or none at all.

      Delete
  2. LOL! Your opening paragraph cracked me up because I swear it could have been written by me. I always see all these amazing manis and techniques and I just know I'm going to fail miserably when I try it out myself. I don't think this is a fail. In fact, I think all you needed were thinner and finer lines and it would have come out perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Got a question or just something that you wanna say? Leave me a comment...I love hearing from you guys!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...