Tuesday, December 17, 2013

BPS Water Decal Review

hello ladies, I hope you are all having a good day :)

*Some of the products in this post were provided to me by the company for an honest review. All others were purchased by me. As always, all opinions are my own. For more info please visit my disclosure policy here.*

Today I have another review for some BPS products to share with you. This time I have some water decals. I've mentioned in the past that I bought a sheet sometime last year and I still haven't used them so this is my first experience with BPS water decals. I did order a couple sets from someone on Etsy but I was not happy with those. If you would like to see them just let me know down below and I'll post those as well. They are cute. But onto these:
I was sent the Smiley Faces or Product BLE577.  There are ten different faces and you get two of each face. To use them you cut off the one you want, remove the plastic cover and stick in water for about 20 seconds. I find it easiest to hold them with tweezers. You then slid the decals off the backing and place it on your nail. I slid mine onto my finger then used the tweezers to move it onto my nails. If you wet your nail before you attach the decal you can move the decal to where you want it. Then, let it dry or dab the water off with a paper towel and topcoat.

I had a hard time choosing what to use under these but I finally went with my very first Zoya, Laurie, who hardly ever gets much use. She's a very sheer light pink, perfect for french manis, and requires three coats. You would need more inf you have longer nails.

I chose to use two different faces as accent nails. I think it turned out really cute. I am totally in love with these decals, so easy and quick to use. The only problem I encountered was I didn't leave the first one in the water long enough and had to re-dip, but none the second one was perfect. I used a brush to smooth them out after I applied, but I didn't topcoat as I had to take this off when I was done :( .


I think water decals are a great option if you are in a rush or can't get the hang of free hand or stamping. I will link all the info below if you are interested, and don't forget if you use the code PANW10 you can't get 10% off your purchase and shipping is always free!

I 'm hoping this will get me motivated to use the other ones I have now. I've been wanting to pair them with a texture polish that I saw from Erica's Nails and More. What do you ladies think? Are you a fan of decals, or are you yet to try them? Let me know. As always, thanks for stopping by, and I hope you enjoyed :)

Shop: Born Pretty Store
Item: BLE577
Price: $2.86
Code: PANW10
Facebook: Born Pretty Store



2 comments:

  1. Cute, cute, cute!! That polish is a perfect porcelain skin tone for those decals!
    And thanks for the subtle mention ;) :D Hehehe! Can't wait to see what you come up with over a texture polish!
    I'm waiting on some square studs from BPS to review! Can't wait to get them :D
    I hope you have a very Merry Christmas Ashlee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was you that I saw that from! hehe my memory is terrible :) I love their square studs, well studs in general. Merry Christmas to you too <3

    ReplyDelete

Got a question or just something that you wanna say? Leave me a comment...I love hearing from you guys!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...