Thursday, January 22, 2015

Why Are Decals So Hard?!

*The products in this post were purchased by me. As always, all opinions are my own. For more info you can view my disclosure policy here.*

Hello loves, I hope you have been enjoying your week. It has been so pretty here the past few days. It's been at least 60° and plenty of sun. I have been in heaven! Since I was in such a good mood I decided to try out something I've only attempted one other time but pretty much gave up on since it was such a pain, stamping decals.
I wanted to use Born Pretty plate BP22 for the "keep calm" image but I have to shrink it to make it fit so I thought that making a decal would be easier then trying to stamp it if it dried quickly. After shrinking the image I painted over it with a white and left it to dry while I moved on to the other nails. This was my first mistake as I put it on too thick so it made my decal super thick, not to mention that it smeared the stamping :(

For the rest of the nails I decided to use the polish bottle image in multi colors. I used all my Mundos for this. I think this may have been my favorite part. Call  me weird but I had fun dabbing the all the colors on the plate lol.

After that the white had dried on my decal I went over it with topcoat. I think the one I used though was too thin (the first time I tried it I used SV which was too thick) so it was just too flimsy. And to top it all off I put it on crooked!

In person I don't think it looks as bad. It did turn out better than the first time, which just kept bubbling so I won't call it a complete fail. But why does this have to be so hard?! I guess I'll just keep trying lol. What do you ladies think? As always, thanks for stopping by, and I hope you enjoyed :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a question or just something that you wanna say? Leave me a comment...I love hearing from you guys!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...