Friday, December 21, 2012

Holiday Mani #4: Christmas Trees

Hello ladies, how's your day been?

Todays mani is sort of a fail. I guess it could have been worse, but I'm still not real happy with it. Which probably means I'll end up taking it off tonight and doing another sometime tomorrow.

I wanted to do hand painted trees on a white background, but those were a complete mess. You couldn't even tell what they were. No use sharing a fail if you can't make out what it is right?

So I decided to do a green background to represent the trees. Of course this meant I couldn't do the stars on top (my favorite part :[ ) but still better then nothing. I added tensil and ornaments as well.

You would think I would have learned not to use too dark of a base after the whole swirl mani thing, but apparently not. This mani is just too dark for my liking. Plus I couldn't get my tensil how I wanted.

In case you're wondering colors I used:
Green: SH Emerald City
Silver: LA Colors Live
Purple: LA Colors Nuclear Energy
Blue: LA Colors Static Energy
Pink: LA Colors Neon Pink

Definetly gonna have to try this one again next year. Maybe by then I'll have learned about contrasting colors and my skills will have improved lol.

What do you guys think? Any ideas on how I could have gotten that tensil to look better? As always, thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a question or just something that you wanna say? Leave me a comment...I love hearing from you guys!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...