Tuesday, November 3, 2015

OPI Starlight Collection Partial Swatch and Review

*The products featured in this post were provided to me by OPI through the PreenMeVIP program. As always, all opinions are my own. For more info you can view my disclosure policy here.*

Hello loves and welcome back. If you've been here a while you'll know that I don't feature OPI very much, I don't have anything against the brand, its just not one I purchase frequently. Recently though I was contacted by Preen.Me and offered the chance to review a few shades from the OPI Starlight collection as part of the PreenMeVIP program. I received six of the eighteen shades in a cute OPI/Starlight branded box.

 Give Me Space: this was my favorite of the set that I received and maybe the whole collection. The holo sparkle isn't very prominent, it kinda reminds me of a toned down version of Zoya Dream. Two coats with topcoat.


Let Your Love Shine: this one was easily my second favorite. This sparkly deep red has a bit of an orange flash at certain angles which really set it off. Two coats with topcoat.


Love is in My Cards: and what would an OPI collection be without at least one red creme? Of course its stupendous, this is one coat with topcoat.


Comet Closer: now we've come to my least favorite of the whole collection. This gold leans far too green for my liking and that bumpy-not-quite texture finish is just odd. Topcoat doesn't help it either. Two coats.


Two Wrongs Don't Make a Medeorite: I'll be honest, I hated this when I swatched it but after playing with it a bit I'm coming around. The chevron glitters are unusual and kinda fun. Two sponged coats over Zoya Spencer. 


 Super Star Status: this is another one I wasn't quite sure about but ended up not hating. I only wish the silver base was a bit more opaque so the gold glitter would pop more. Nothing a little layering couldn't fix. Three coats with topcoat.


The formulas on all these were very nice. I didn't encounter any application or glitter issues. My picks from this collection are Give Me Spaces, Let Your Love Shine and Cosmo With a Twist. What do you ladies think? As always, thanks for stopping by, and I hope you enjoyed :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a question or just something that you wanna say? Leave me a comment...I love hearing from you guys!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...