Sunday, January 12, 2014

KBShimmer Snow Much Fun

*The product in this post was received as a gift. As always, all opinions are my own. For more info you can view my disclosure policy here.*

Today I have another one of my Christmas presents to share with you, KBShimmer Snow Much Fun by Manicurator which is from the Blogger Collection. This was the first one I fell for when the newsletter came out and am so thankful she picked it up because I probably never would have. It would have gone in my cart then out until it was no longer available, so hard being an indecisive person haha.

**Warning: shaped glitter ahead**
It's described on the site as "light blue jelly sparkles with light blue holo glitter, white glitters in several sizes and finishes, a sprinkling of micro holographic glitter, and of course, white snowflake glitter." I knew I had to have it as soon as I saw it. It's blue and has snowflake shaped glitters. While I know everyone is not a fan of shaped glitter I love them.

I used three thin coats and although there is still some VNL I'm not bothered by it. It wasn't as noticeable in person anyway. You could always layer it over a similar blue, such as I'd Rather Be With Blue from the same collection.While sinking of the larger glitter and fishing for them is a given I didn't have much trouble with it. There were a few times I put some glitter back in the bottle. Overall application was easy and dry time was fast.

After reading so many Accio Lacquer post recently I decided that I would matte this. I used one coat of NYC Matte Me Crazy. I think it gives it a frostier appearance.


This is only the second KBShimmer that I've used but they are one of my favorite indies. Christy is so creative and puts out such quality and stellar products. There are so many more that are on my wish list. What do you think? Do you prefer it glossy or matte? I think I like the matte better. Let me know. As always, thanks for stopping by, and I hope you enjoyed :)


6 comments:

  1. Ugh, still on my wishlist - I may have to grab this FAST!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and pretty swatches! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty! I keep seeing this one everywhere, I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would run on over lol. I saw something the other day about some of the blogger collection was retiring but I"m not sure if this one was on that list. Better safe than sorry though. And thank you Shipra :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Sarah, it does seem to be one the more popular ones of that collection.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lou is Perfectly PolishedJanuary 18, 2014 at 7:15 AM

    I wish I could get my hands on this whole collection. It's stunning. I love your swatch of this Ashlee xx

    ReplyDelete

Got a question or just something that you wanna say? Leave me a comment...I love hearing from you guys!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...